Senex supports the objective of limiting global temperature rise to well below 2 degrees Celsius.
Our role is to provide access to affordable and reliable energy that contributes to economic growth in the context of sustainable development and a low-carbon future.
We believe that natural gas will continue to play an integral role in the energy mix within a low-carbon future.
Senex is committed to:
- identifying, assessing, managing and reporting material climate-related risks to create a sustainable business
- measuring and reporting Scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas emissions in a transparent manner
- setting and publishing meaningful short-term and long-term targets to encourage innovation and drive reductions in our greenhouse gas emissions
- identifying and pursuing greenhouse gas emission reduction opportunities for our business, operations and supply chain
- working with partners, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders towards the shared objectives of greenhouse gas emissions reductions
- evaluating the resilience of our portfolio and investment decisions to potential changes in policy, including the application of internal carbon pricing
- actively engaging in climate dialogue with governments, industry associations and other stakeholders in the design of practical, sustainable climate regulation and policies
You can read more about our ambitions, targets and actions as we work towards net tero greenhouse gas emissions across our operations by 2040 in our Decarbonisation Action Plan