Our Roma North development, about 30km north of Roma, will produce important natural gas supplies for the next 30 years.
The 370sq km development includes an initial 35 natural gas wells, a processing facility and a 5km pipeline to our customer, GLNG.
To capitalise on better than expected reservoir performance we have started early works on the low-cost expansion of the processing facility at Roma North. This includes an agreement for Jemena to procure long-lead items, such as compression equipment, and will secure important natural gas supplies to our customer, GLNG, and the domestic market for decades to come.
Roma North is also supporting the regional economy and generating royalties for the State Government to provide and maintain roads, schools and hospitals.
Roma North snapshot:
- 370sq km acreage (100 per cent Senex)
- 5km pipeline to existing GLNG infrastructure
- 35 wells
- initial ~6PJ/year (16TJ/day) gas processing facility
- low-cost expansion under way to ~9PJ/year (24TJ/day)
- further expansion capacity up to site capacity ~18PJ/year (48TJ/day)
- energy infrastructure operator Jemena owns and operates the gas
- processing facility and pipeline
- 20-year gas sales agreement with GLNG for up to 50TJ/day
- part of Senex’s broader Western Surat Gas Project