Senex’s groundbreaking Atlas operation is 20km south-west of Wandoan in Queensland’s Surat Basin.
Atlas is supplying much-needed natural gas to the east coast market for production of electricity and everyday consumer products from bricks and beverage bottles.
Our range of commercial and industrial customers includes CSR Building Products, Orora, Visy Glass, Alinta Energy, CleanCo Queensland and Southern Oil Refining.
Senex was awarded additional Atlas acreage by the Queensland Government in September 2020, with production to be expanded using Senex’s existing hub-and-spoke infrastructure model.
Natural gas produced from Atlas supports the regional economy and generates royalties for the State Government to support roads, schools and hospitals. Senex is partnering with the Wandoan community, including landowners, businesses and community organisations, to develop and supply gas from Atlas to the domestic market.
- Total project area is 76 sq km, comprising initial 58 sq km plus additional 18 sq km (100 per cent Senex)
- Initial ~80 natural gas wells, pipelines and a processing facility to compress the gas for delivery to customers
- New Atlas acreage will enable rapid expansion of natural gas production to ~18 PJ/year, an increase of 50 per cent
- Energy infrastructure operator Jemena has built, owns and operates the gas processing facility and pipeline
- Agreement in place with Jemena to expand the Atlas gas processing facility 50 per cent to 48 TJ/day sales gas
- 60km gas pipeline allows access to Wallumbilla Gas Hub
Read more customer stories here.