Senex is committed to investing for the long-term to unlock both development-ready and exploration opportunities. We are working towards future development of Australia’s vast natural gas resources, which will help deliver affordable and sustainable gas supply.
Senex was awarded preferred tenderer status for the Artemis block, near Miles, in May 2019 as part of the Queensland Government’s domestic gas acreage tender process. The exploration block has large estimated volumes of gas in the Walloon and Permian coals.
Senex is partnering with The University of Queensland’s (UQ) internationally recognised Centre for Coal Seam Gas (CCSG) to apply innovative, cost-effective technologies to confirm the commerciality of these resources. Our efforts to unlock these lower-permeability coals, for which the industry has yet to develop a solution, are part of our commitment to long-term development of natural resources in Queensland.
- 153sq km block (100 per cent Senex)
- 11km south of Miles, next to APLNG’s Condabri development
- Senex awarded preferred tender status by Queensland Government in May 2019
- subject to exploration tenure grant for initial six-year term
- four-year committed work program includes geological studies and three wells drilled in financial years 2022 and 2023
- minimal capital expenditure required in first two years
Senex was awarded preferred tenderer status for a 486sq km natural gas exploration block near Eidsvold in the Bowen Basin, between the Scotia and Meridian gas fields, in September 2020.
An initial four-year work program comprising geological studies, 2D seismic acquisition and an exploration well.