With a 30-year operating history, Senex has successfully built and maintained good working relationships with Traditional Owners, landholders and local communities.
In South Australia and Queensland, Senex has a number of Native Title agreements with Traditional Owners, and work area clearances for seismic or exploration activities are conducted in close collaboration with these groups to safeguard cultural heritage sites.
Senex works closely with all local communities and landholders connected to our activities. We take a consultative approach with dedicated representatives assigned to regional operations. We focus on understanding the factors important for successful coexisting and collaboration for the longer term.
Read our 2016 Sustainability Review
Our support of local initiatives extends to a gifting program, which enables non-profit groups and community organisations to request Senexs support. Priority is given to activities or initiatives that are closely aligned with our operations. Applications are considered on their merit and in the context of approved and available budgets.
Senex will consider the following types of support:
- Charitable donation: A gift or contribution made to a non-profit organisation, charity or private foundation without seeking any benefit;
- Sponsorship/Partnership: A financial contribution in support of an event, activity, or organisation. Senex may benefit from sponsorship by the display of Senex branding or verbal, written and visual acknowledgement; or
- In-kind: A contribution by Senex or Senex personnel to a non-profit organisation, charity or private foundation in the form of volunteering, services or materials.
Senex may approve or reject an application at its sole discretion. Applicants will receive notice of Senex’s decision within 14 to 30 days of receipt of an eligible application.
Applications for sponsorships and donations can be made by completing a Sponsorships and Donations Application Form.
Please note there are certain organisations and activities which Senex will not support. These include:
- Commercial, for profit, businesses
- Activities which may be considered disruptive to the community
- Activities that may negatively affect Senex’s reputation
- Organisations where a Senex employee is in a position of directorship or equivalent
- or where provision has been made through the corporate program, such as Senex partnership with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Central Operations)