Strategic rationale: diversification of revenue stream and material scale, and medium to long term growth enabler.
We have conventional and unconventional opportunities across a premier acreage position.
Senex’s unconventional gas acreage in the Cooper Basin includes:
- Shales: Thick, mature Roseneath and Murteree shales
- Coals: Thick, mature Toolachee coals and thick Patchawarra coals
- Tight sand and coal sequences: Thick Toolachee sand and coal sequences
In the northern Cooper Basin, Senex is developing its Vanessa conventional gas field in joint venture with Beach Energy (formerly Drillsearch). The Vanessa gas project was the recipient of $5.82 million in funding through the South Australian Government’s Plan for Accelerating Exploration (PACE) Gas Grant Program in March 2017.
- Unconventional Gas: Senex is pursuing a gas exploration program in joint venture with Origin Energy and Planet Gas, across two areas in the north and south of the Cooper Basin. The first stage involves a $105 million work program for which Senex is free-carried for its share of expenditure.
- Origin Energy / Senex joint venture areas – Cooper Basin (PDF) >
Reserves at 30 June 2017