Strategic rationale: diversification of revenue stream and material scale, and medium to long term growth enabler.
We have conventional and unconventional opportunities across a premier acreage position.
Senex’s unconventional gas acreage in the Cooper Basin includes:
- Shales: Thick, mature Roseneath and Murteree shales
- Coals: Thick, mature Toolachee coals and thick Patchawarra coals
- Tight sand and coal sequences: Thick Toolachee sand and coal sequences
In the northern Cooper Basin, Senex is developing its Vanessa conventional gas field in joint venture with Beach Energy (formerly Drillsearch).
- Unconventional Gas: Senex is pursuing a gas exploration program in joint venture with Origin Energy and Planet Gas, across two areas in the north and south of the Cooper Basin. The first stage involves a $105 million work program for which Senex is free-carried for its share of expenditure.
- Origin Energy / Senex joint venture areas – Cooper Basin (PDF) >
Reserves at 30 June 2016