Formerly known as Victoria Petroleum NL, Senex Energy Limited (ASX: SXY) draws on a proven track record in the exploration and development of oil and gas resources.
Since listing on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1984, the company has earned a reputation for resilience and a deep understanding of the Australian oil and gas industry.
The name Senex was chosen for its origins in wisdom and sound judgement. It acknowledges the long-history of the business and recognises that future success will be based on a strong direction and robust decision-making.
- First gas pilot for the transformation Western Surat Gas Project
- Breakthroughs in defining locations for new exploration activity at the Cooper Basin
- Key Board and Executive appointment
- Major agreements executed with GLNG, delivering a commercialisation and financing pathway for the Western Surat Gas Project in Queensland
- Progress in a material gas exploration program in the Cooper Basin with Origin Energy
- Key Board and Executive appointments
- Gas production and first sales from its Hornet gas field in the Cooper Basin
- Significant increase in coal seam gas reserves through a gas asset swap with the QGC JV
- Two farm-out agreements and an initial work program of $105m announced with Origin Energy for unconventional gas plays in the Cooper Basin
- Landmark 15-year petroleum retention licence scheme with the South Australian Government, enabling efficient investment in exploration and appraisal across Senex’s operated oil permits in the Cooper-Eromanga Basin
- Discovery of major conventional gas field, Hornet, in the Cooper Basin
- Production of oil from the Cooper Basin reaches 600,000 barrels
- Key leadership team appointments
- Senex announces acquisition of Stuart Petroleum, an exploration company with decades of experience in the Cooper Basin
- Oil production ramps up in the Cooper Basin
- Board appoints new management team with a sharper focus on its valuable acreage on Australia’s east coast
- Company name is changed to Senex Energy Limited and its registered office is moved from Perth to Brisbane
- Growth strategies are announced to increase oil production, deliver new oil and gas reserves and establish an unconventional gas resource in the Cooper Basin
- In addition to the rebranding, shareholders voted to change the company’s status from a “No Liability” company to one that was “Limited” by shares