Senex Energy Limited is an S&P/ASX 200 energy company with more than three decades of experience in Australia's oil and gas industry.
Formerly known as Victoria Petroleum NL, Senex Energy Limited (ASX: SXY) draws on a proven track record in the exploration and development of oil and gas resources. Since listing on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1984, the company has earned a reputation for resilience and a deep understanding of the Australian oil and gas industry.
Key company milestones include:
- Gas production and first sales from its Hornet gas field in the Cooper Basin
- Significant increase in coal seam gas reserves through a gas asset swap with the QGC JV
- Two farm-out agreements and an initial work program of $105m announced with Origin Energy for unconventional gas plays in the Cooper Basin
- Four-year Growth Acceleration Strategy, with targets for production and reserves growth to 2018
- Key Board and executive team appointments
Landmark 15-year petroleum retention licence scheme with the South Australian Government, enabling efficient investment in
exploration and appraisal across Senex’s operated oil permits in the Cooper-Eromanga Basin
- Discovery of major conventional gas field, Hornet, in the Cooper Basin
- Production of oil from the Cooper Basin reaches 600,000 barrels
- Senex was admitted into the S&P/ASX 200
- Key executive leadership team appointments
- Senex announces acquisition of Stuart Petroleum, an exploration company with decades of experience in the Cooper Basin
- Oil production ramps up in the Cooper Basin
- Board appoints new management team with a sharper focus on its valuable acreage on Australia's east coast
- Company name is changed to Senex Energy Limited and its registered office is moved from Perth to Brisbane
- Growth strategies are announced to increase oil production, deliver new oil and gas reserves and establish an unconventional gas resource in the Cooper Basin
The name "Senex" was chosen for its origins in wisdom and sound judgement. It acknowledges the long-history of the business and recognises that future success will be based on a strong direction and smart choices.
In addition to the rebranding, shareholders voted to change the company's status from a "No Liability" company to one that was "Limited" by shares.